Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Swim Lessons

Having spent most of my teenage summers as a lifeguard and swim instructor, I'm ashamed to admit that none of my kids know how to swim. So bad, I know, right?! I decided this year my kids were going to love the water and forget about being scared of it. Our city lets kids 15 and under free and we took advantage of it. We got both girls small lifevests and just kind of let them go in the water. They were terrified and we weren't getting anywhere with us holding onto them. I felt like they needed to see for themselves that the water is fun and not scary. It worked! They love the water! Well, with their lifevests on. Macy is much worse off than London so we decided to put her into swim lessons. She went into lessons totally afraid of getting any part of her head wet and came out jumping off the diving board. She may not be swimming- but she's not crying either! I'm hoping next summer we will be able to get her floating or swimming- we'll have to see!




No comments: