Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Rainin' in Prescott

Growing up going to Prescott for the 4th of July was a tradition. They always had a huge parade, the Worlds Oldest Rodeo, and lots of vendors to go look at. I hadn't been to Prescott for the 4th in about 8 or 9 years so we jumped on the opportunity when my parents said they were heading up to meet the Winns, Amber and Rainier, Grandma and Grandpa Bochat, and Uncle Randy. The parade and festivities this year were on the 5th, so we were able to spend the 4th in Holbrook and jet off to Prescott early the next morning. The kids loved the parade and all the different people giving them candy, flags, stickers, and all kinds of other goodies. They would get their treats and turn around and tell Aunt Steph and Grandma Carbonneau all about them.
Bentley found someone that let him bang on a drum a few times. They took a picture of him and said they were going to put it up on their website, I can't remember the name of the group though- wonder if they ever did. He is for sure website worthy though!



 We were having all kinds of fun until it started raining out of no where! We tried to wait it out but we were all pretty soaked. The only people that were left watching the parade were the people that had big E-Z Ups and the people in the parade were getting pretty sparse too. Bentley was licking the rain off as it dripped off his nose, it was too cute!

We ran over to my Mom and Dad's car while we waited for Kyle to bring the van over. Right before it started raining Kyle walked back to the car to get a diaper since Bentley was pretty stinky and it started pouring as he walked up to the van. Lucky ducky was dry dry dry and we were all wet wet wet.


After the rain stopped we all walked around the vendors for a while, went over to my Grandparents house and visited, and then went down to Yarnell to have a BBQ. My Aunt Steph and Uncle David bought the property that my Great Grandma and Grandpa Randall lived in and it was fun to go see it again. It was Kyle's first time visiting where they lived. I spent many summers there so it was fun to show him where I spent my time and my memories there. I hope we can go back soon!


No comments: