Thursday, March 20, 2008

Greedy comes to mind!

I found an article in Newsweek that really disturbed me.. the last sentence pretty much sums up exactly how I feel...

Lord of the Ka-chings
Let the countdown begins- or should we say countdowns? Warner Bros., home of the highest-grossing film series in history, is whipping up some money-making wizardry by releasing the film version of the final J.K. Rowling book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," in two parts, in 2010 and 2011. Since it will probably have to come up with a new movie title now, we have a suggestion: "Harry Potter and the Appallingly Greedy Movie Studio," parts one and two.

I can understand that these books are VERY detailed, I was extremely suprised when they came out with 4 and 5 without making 2 movies out of each of them, but the Deathly Hallows isn't any bigger or detailed than any of the other ones- so why on earth would they have to put the last book into 2 movies?! Because their greedy for money. Because I can guarantee I will probably see both, which means they get 16 more of my dollars (one for kyle and one for me) and we'll probably buy the movie since we have 1-5, which means another 20 of my dollars... I'm fully aware that I'm the one that gives them my dollars- but still.

No comments: