Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Halloween!


Our Trick-or-Treating festivities started out at our Tri-Ward community Trunk-or-Treat. It started at 6:30 and we got there around 6:40 with everyone already going on their second round of the trunks. It was crazy packed and so many community members. It's such a bitter sweet thing to me. It's good that the community comes but it just turns into the candy thing with no social interaction with anyone. You get a chat a little with friends that have trunks but for the most part you just wait in line to get candy. There is SO many people there and it just feels hectic. We were there for about 15 minutes and then headed home. The kids got some candy and they were happy. When I said it was time to go (we had gone through the line and I was NOT about to go through a 2nd time, I'm so against that for some reason) Macy was like "umm.. that's it?!" Yup.. that's it!

The next day was London's last day of preschool for the week so they all got to dress up in their Halloween costumes. She is seriously the cutest little witch I've ever seen!


The next day was a little crazy. Kyle had Regional Show Choir practice in Show Low and forgot some skirts that the kids needed, so we took a trip to Show Low. We hung out in the auditorium for a little while, ate lunch at Subway, and then drove back to Holbrook just in time to catch Macy in her costume parade at school. All the kids got dressed up and walked around the baseball field. 

 When we asked Macy what she wanted to be for Halloween I think it was a princess for like 2 days and then she got stuck on a pink and purple Super Hero. My Mom made her a cap and a tutu and we have ourselves Super Macy.
 I got this super cute picture of Joey as he walked by us.
 Macy and her class. There were tons of fairies, princesses (Anna and Elsa's), and Super Womans- but only 1 Super Macy :)



 
Kyle was still in Show Low at 5 and he still had to go call the football game on the radio at 6:30 so I was all set to take the kiddos by myself. I got the kids all dressed up after dinner and it was about 5:45 when I decided we just needed to go- poor London was exhausted and I knew the later I waited it was just get harder to get her to go. She really didn't want to get off the couch. I was afraid she was getting sick, but she was just tired.
 I did manage to get a picture of Super Macy, the Cutest Little Witch, and Clark Kent before we left.
 We've always gone up to Spurlock Hill where Marie lives to do the Trick-or-Treating but without Kyle with me I figured we'd just walk around the block and be done. We started walking down the street around 6:00 and it was completely empty. The sun had gone down, but there was still no one trick-or-treating yet and all the lights along our street were empty. London was crying because she was tired and Macy and running down the street and not listening at all when I was telling her to stop. We got about 5 dark houses down and I called Kyle and I asked him if I would be a completely awful parent if I just bought them candy and went home because no one was opening their doors. He was right around the corner and said he could squeeze in 15-20 minutes up at his Moms house if I loaded the kids up and met him up there. So we did. We went to about 5-6 houses and then headed over to Marie's house to help her pass out candy while Kyle went to the football game.



This Halloween wasn't anything special, but I was so grateful for Kyle that night. He was a little late to his game, but he could sense my need for him to take out 20 minutes to help me take the kids Trick-or-Treating. He's a pretty amazing guy in my book. 

No comments: