Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One Fun weekend!

Friday we were able to go to Buckeye like I mentioned in my last blog, and we had so much fun! Saturday it was my mom's birthday so we all went to the park by the lakes and really enjoyed each other's company. We played a little football and Kyle and I had fun swinging on the swings.. we had some hamburgers and had some amazing Strawberry Dream cake *yummy* and then headed back home on Sunday. I guess I love going to Buckeye so much because it still feels so much like home to me... I love it there.

Yesterday was... incredible.
We woke up at about 6:30 to a phone call from Kyle's principal saying that his school was on a two hour delay, because of how bad the weather was. We looked outside to see what the weather was going to be like for our little outing to Snowbowl, and everything was covered in snow. That's a pretty good storm if Holbrook gets 5 inches of snow. So we called my dad and they were already on the road headed up here, so we figure alright we better start heading up cuz it's gonna take us awhile in this weather. So we headed out at around 20 miles an hour toward Flag. The roads were pretty bad until we got a little past Winslow which was really good! About half way to Flag we had a stop really fast because a Fed Ex truck had flipped on it's side, which caused us to have a pretty good spin. But we landed in a fresh pile of snow so that' was good- I would have rather landed in that than the Fed Ex truck or another car.
After 2 1/2 hours (we usually make it there in about an hour and fifteen minutes) we finally arrived in Flagstaff. The whole way there I was pretty nervous that we weren't going to be able to make it there on time, but when we came into Flag the sun started to come out and the clouds started to turn into big white fluffy clouds instead of dark dreary clouds. Well we finally made it to the bottom of the mountain and hoped in with my dad, Chris, Steven, Derek, and My Uncle Gary and started to the top of the mountain to SnowBowl.

When we first got there we met up with Stormy, Alex, and Seth and we weren't very smart, and the first run we went on was a blue run (kinda hard) especially because the mountain and just gotten a foot of snow, so there was fresh powder everywhere, not good for snowboading. It was only my second time boarding, and Kyle's first, so it took us a good hour to get down the mountain. Kyle got stuck pretty good in a powder pile so it took him awhile to get out, and he was exhausted after that. We were both a little worn out at the end of that run so we went into the lodge to chill for a little bit. I decided that I wanted to do something that i already knew how to do, so my dad and I went and rented me some skis and Kyle took about an hour nap in the lodge :) After a little run to get me to remember and 2 runs from the tippy top of the mountain with my dad and Derek, I went to the lodge to see how Kyle was doing. He wasn't there! He's such a good sport and started at the green runs (easier ones) and we was doing great. So the rest of the day we went on the green runs which was an excellent idea. Kyle got to figure out how to board without getting caught in powder hills, and I got to ski pretty relaxed while watching Chris and Kyle biff it :)
Afterward, we finally saw our whole group again and we all went to eat a bun huggers. It was amazing. At the end of a ski day I'm always hungry, so it was the prefect place to eat. It was awesome.
We came home and the roads were amazing. There was no snow on the road and everything was nice and clear. It took us a little over an hour to get home, we showered, climbed in bed, and were sleeping by 9. It was awesome.
We both woke up this morning and are completely sore. From our heads to our toes!
Tonight we get to travel to Thatcher with a group of Kyle's students, spend the night, perform tomorrow, and some back tomorrow night. It's been a busy couple days, but they've been so fun!

No comments: