Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're having a....

Today we had our first real ultrasound. It was the coolest thing to see this baby moving around and to know that it was actually happening inside of me! At first the baby has it's legs crossed so the technician was a little worried we wouldn't find out what the sex of it was, but later on we got a really good shot and she told us she is pretty certain that it's a... girl! The way she described it was we were looking at the baby's butt like it was sitting on a glass table and we were looking from underneath the table, and she also said that she could see it's parts pretty good and there wasn't any boy parts there. She also showed us these 3 lines she saw, and she said that girls have those 3 lines and boys don't- they have other parts :) She also said she has only been wrong 2 times in 4 years, so I really think we're having a girl! She said she would wait till next time to make it "offical", but she started calling the baby "she" instead of "it" or "baby", so I'm pretty sure she was just making sure to save her reputation :) Gosh it was so cool, I can't even describe it!
When we walked into the appointment the technician scared me a bit because she said "So the reason we're here a little earlier than usual is because their having a little trouble finding the heartbeat- correct?" and I kind of looked at Kyle and was like "um- they never told me that" and I laid down or what not and she picked up the heartbeat almost right away and said it sounded nice and strong and even and didn't look like anything was wrong... Well Kyle and I were talking later in the car, and we remember last dr appointment, he showed us the heartbeat on a portable ultrasound thing... so we kind of think that the dr said he couldn't find one so we could get another ultrasound in- when I went in for my very first appointment he said he was going to keep a really close eye on the baby because of the miscarriage- so we wonder if this is kind of what he's talking about :) We are also having another ultrasound next time I go in- and that one will be when everyone else usually finds out what their having, so we were pretty lucky to find out this time :)
The baby kept waving at us and stretching out.. showing us her fingers and all kinds of stuff.. it was so fun! My Mom and my best friends Mom Jolene were up here helping us pack up our house and they were able to go with us to the ultrasound with us so that was really fun to have them there!! I was so sad because they tape we brought wouldn't work in their ultrasound machine, but she told us next time to bring a CD and a video and maybe one will work... so we'll try that out :)
After the appointment we went and saw The Dark Knight and we really liked it! It was weird to me how the Joker was kind of a likable guy even though he was the villian.. he definitely made me laugh a few times. I really liked the movie a lot :) After that we went to Wal-Mart because I wanted to buy a baby thing :) I bought 4 little girl outfits and a pair of shoes that has a matching headband with it.. and my mom bought some little things too.... I'm so stinking excited. That's probably why I keep putting smiley faces :) It seems so much more real now to like watch it move around and see it's fingers and stuff... Kyle is a bit more nervous now... he told me now instead of just worrying about his own boy he has to worry about every other boy out there :)

Anyway- Here are some pictures :)

This one she kind of looks like she's eating an ice cream cone or something :) Her hand is up by her face
This one is probably my favorite- you can see her little arms and she two hands and her legs.. aww!

She's not shy- she's waving to everyone! :)

6 comments:

Breezy Skye said...

I am so so so excited for your. Congratulations. You get a girl. Little girls are so fun, well so are little boys, but the bows are the best thing ever. Yay for you!!!

Jodie said...

OHHHHH! I am just sitting here crying. I am so happy for you guys. She is going to be one beautiful little girl. Any names yet? Congratulations!

Carbonneau said...

yea Alli! Congrats!

Melissa said...

That is awesome Ali! I am so happy for both of you! Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

This is so exciting Alli! You are going to have so much fun with a little girl! You can dress her up and have everything PINK! ..Can you tell I really want a gir! haha Congrats! Being pregnant is exciting! Just wait till she starts kicking your gut!

Chris and Jerrae said...

Yeah ALLI I'm so excited for you~Think Pink!