Sunday, January 20, 2008

Life is rollin' by

WOW. Can I just say that this has been the craziest two weeks?!

Last weekend Kyle had a music conference in Mesa, so we were able to go down and stay in the Marriott in Mesa for absolutely free because the school paid for it! While Kyle was at classes all day long Friday and Saturday, I was able to go hang out with my parents and I was able to see one of Derek's soccer games which was really fun! I don't really get to go to things that Derek is apart of so it was really fun to be able to go and watch!
We came home late Saturday night, and Sunday I was called to be the Sunbeams primary teacher.. which is kind of an exciting calling! I had the same calling in Buckeye when I was still living with my parents, so I feel like I'm one step ahead of the game with that!

One of the major things that has been going on was the opening of the George Gardner Performing Arts Center which is the new High School Auditorium. Kyle's Dad, George, had put together (with the help of many people) a play, about 20 years ago, which is called "Holbrook" so they asked Kyle if he would take a few of the scenes from the play and direct them for the opening concert. Its a brand new auditorium so they were trying to figure out all the sound and light equipment so for the past two weeks Kyle has been at the Holbrook HS until at least 10:30 every night helping out to help the entire program go smoothly. This past week I was able to go over and help with phone calls and making sure all the little odds and ends were taken care of, so that was fun to get to work together with Kyle and not sit and wait for him to come home :) It sure made for week full of late nights, along with school and working.

Last night was the actual performance, and it was amazing. The play was only a portion of it, they had Indian Dances, Mexican Dances, and a number of different talented artists. Kyle's brother Brent was chosen to write a song about their Dad, and it was amazing. You could feel the spirit so strong when he was singing. We were all a little nervous about how the entire show would be, but they really pulled it off- it was so good. I'm really proud of Kyle and how good he did.

This weekend was the first time that I had ever been with Kyle's entire family together at once. It's hard for them to all get together when one lives in New York and another lives in Oregon, but they were all able to be here for the dedication. There were a lot of laughs and good times.
We are really excited for March to come along, Kyle's mom invited us to go to New York with her to go see Brent, Jodie, and their kids. I've never been anywhere other than the states that touch AZ (minus New Mexico) and Hawaii, so I'm really excited to be able to go somewhere! We are pretty positive we're gonna go to The Lion King on Broadway, and I couldn't be more thrilled!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Alli-
What a wonderful post. I missed you all so much this weekend! Every time I would talk to Brent and hear everyone in the background, I would hang up the phone and have a good cry. :) I simply can not wait to have you all come to NY and visit. I am so excited to meet you and spend some time together. It will be a blast!!
Love,
Jodie