Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goals

Today as i was reading through some of the goals that I wrote as a missionary I read something that really made me think. President Bowen (my mission president in Barcelona Spain from 2000 to 2002) taught us a new way to write goals for our lives. He invited us to find 6-7 Christ like attributes that we would like to improve or emphasize and write a goal from the perspective of what people will say about us after we die. But in first person. Then fins a scripture that shows that quality.
One of the quality's that I wrote was virtuous and one of the lines that I wrote said: "My words and actions are never such as to offend the spirit, even when that might offend others."
For some reason that really impacted me today and as I am writing my new years resolutions it is becoming a theme. I need to remember that all I do in this life is for one singular purpose, "...to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Moses 1:39" and everything else is just a vehicle for this purpose.
I hope everyone has a happy new year and whether you are a "new years resolution" type of person or not, best wishes in all you hope to accomplish in 2008.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: