Monday, July 29, 2013

Cleaning the Church


Last weekend my family had the opportunity to help clean the church house here in Holbrook. I have always thought this is a great way to help teach my kids the importance of service and giving back to the Lord even in a small way. But this week I learned another more important lesson. As we were cleaning the windows the whole family got to help which means when we finished the windows were not perfectly clean :) At first I started to go over the places that the kids had already done when I stopped myself and I thought they may not be the cleanest but the lesson is more important. And, I thought of this video that has been the subject of a lot of our church discussions lately. Especially concerning the youth.



“I think we ought to have more programs running less well with people learning more... Invite the young people to act. You have to be there, but you've got to get out of the way. You have to provide direction without taking over.”
—David A. Bednar

Surely I could have done a better job cleaning those windows without the help of our kids but that isn't why we were cleaning the church that morning.



No comments: