Sunday, December 28, 2008

4 Hour Doctor Visit.. Not my idea of fun...

I got a text from my mom last night that said Update Your Blog! So I guess I should probably update...
I don't really have time to update about all our Christmas happenings quite yet so I'll clue you in on my oh so wonderful Doctors appointment last Monday :)

I talked Kyle into going down to the valley after our doctors appointment on Monday- the only problem was that the appt was scheduled from 4 and we were worried we wouldn't be able to get down the mountain before dark. (with ice and all that stuff it's just not very smart). So I called the dr office that morning and asked if there were any openings earlier, which there wasn't. We decided to go over there and just kinda see what happens...

So we first stopped at the hospital to pre-register and find out where to go or what to do when we got there for the real thing. That went over really well and we're all set for the big day with the hospital. By the time we got done it was about 2 and we decided we should just go over to the dr office because we didn't have anything else to do and we weren't going to drive back to Holbrook from Show Low just to turn around to come back. I walk into the office and sign-in, say hi to the lady at the front and I let her know I was here 2 hours early, but I didn't have anything else to do and I lived in Holbrook, so here I am! She laughed and said "okay, I'll put your chart in and we'll see if we can get you in." I'm good with that :)

2 hours later (it's now 4)... Kyle and I are still sitting... which I kind of expected because my appt wasn't till 4 anyway, so here we are, I should get called annnyyyy minute...

45 minutes later (it's 4:45)... They must be really busy today and just couldn't get me in. I look outside and it's snowing... I'm kinda upset because I thought we were going to get to go to the valley but it doesn't look like it anymore...

an hour later (5:45)... I'm still waiting... it's Kyle and I in the waiting room and a lady and her husband that are waiting from an ultrasound. The ladies in the front close their windows and I hear them say "we're done!".... Then I see a lady look at me, look at her paper, and look back and me and says really loud "Allison Gardner is STILL in the waiting room!! WHO put away her chart?!?!" THEY FORGOT ABOUT ME! Yeah- I was so mad. The lady came out and said "I'm so sorry, do you mind seeing the Nurse Practitioner because your doctor had to go to a delivery and someone put away your chart...." I started crying. I didn't want to be there, I had been waiting for 4 HOURS for them to call my name so that I could go see my family... they were very appologetic but I was still super sad. She asked if she could do anything for us and I let her know that I had been needing to pee for like 2 hours but I didn't know when I was going to get called so I didn't want to go, so whenever she could let me do that- it would be great. She went back right away and got me a cup... and left... so I was in the waiting room with a cup of pee just standing there waiting for her to come back... can you say awkward?!

15 minutes later (why it took 15 minutes when NO ONE was there, I had no idea) I finally got in... The nurse pract. told me that I was 50% and a fingertip so she wasn't going to put down that I was dilated at all. But she did say the babies head was right there and it wasn't bouncing at all, and that she would be very surprised if I went past 39 weeks. This Wednesday I go back in and that will be the big day to see if I'm just slowly progressing or if this baby will come earlier than the due date :)

That night I didn't sleep at all, I don't know why- but I swear I looked at the clock a billion times. At about 5:30 I woke Kyle up, I was soooo bored! We had breakfast and then at 7 we headed to the valley. It had snowed A LOT the night before and there were parts of the road that was so covered you couldn't even see the road at all.. but we made it safe. :) I'll post about Christmas after church...

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Ok, Karl and I had a good laugh at your last two blogs. Not so funny for you, but your writing style made it very enjoyable to read. I can relate to the stupid comments people make. My favorite about 38 weeks along I get a lot of "Oh you haven't had your baby yet" I respond, "Oh yeah I have, but these last few pounds are heck to get off". Keep us informed.