Friday, December 1, 2017

August 2017

August was a pretty fun and low-key month., I turned 30 (!!!), the kids started school, we went camping, I started substitute teaching again, Ella started daycare and learned that she LOVES mud!

30 was a really big birthday for me. Birthdays have never really bothered me before, but leaving my twenties was hard. It shouldn't be, I have 4 kids, I'm married, we have a house, a van, a lawn... all the adult things, but it really did hit me hard this year.

Macy is in 3rd grade now! I whole new school for her and some big changes. It took a little while for her to adjust to a new school and a new teacher, but not (December) she's loving school again. London started 1st grade and is such a go with the flow type of girl. She doesn't talk a lot to teachers at school but she always says how much she likes it. She's really grown in reading this year! Bentley started Kindergarten!! I couldn't even believe it. It definitely tugs at my heart strings. I started substitute teaching again this year and I have really been enjoying it. I don't think I would enjoy it as much if Ella did do so well in Daycare. She is a pretty baby and confident little girl and has done really well there. The first two times I dropped her off she cried but after that she just hops down and gets to playing.

We usually make it a point to do camping on Labor Day or Memorial Day, but this year the only free weekend our families had was the first week in August to go camping. We headed over to Williams and had a pretty good time. A highlight was stopping at Walmart and seeing a transformer!! That was pretty neat. There was one day that is rained ALL day- and that wasn't so cool- but the kids had a blast. It was also Ella's very first time sleeping in a tent and wearing tennis shoes! She did great! 

Holbrook puts on the Dirty Bird Mud Run every year and this year we decided to do it as a whole family. We dropped Ella off with Meghan and then ventured over. It was SO fun. Macy didn't have a blast, but half-way through I realized having her run in jeans was probably not the best mothering decision on my part. She stuck it out and we all finished just great.

I did throw in some cute pictures in at the end just from the month. Ella's personality is really starting to come out and man is she CUTE. Bentley has really blossomed into a LEGO lover. He got a Stars Wars ship for his birthday and LOVES to build it and take it apart to build it again. Sometimes he skips a step or two but he can pretty much do it by himself.




























No comments: