Monday, March 1, 2010

Macy and Blankie sittin' in a tree...

My mom made Macy a flannel blanket that's white with pink and green polka dots on one side and a very cute pink flower print on the other and has an adorable soft crochet edge. It's so cute and was my favorite blanket from the second she gave it to Macy. Well it just so happens that it's Macy's favorite blanket now too. She takes it everywhere with her and it can get very dirty, very fast.

You always know she wants you to pick her up and you have been accepted when she hands you her blanket and then stands and stares at you. She was doing this to the people in the pew behind us at church yesterday and as she was handing this dirty-brown-supposed-to-be-white-blanket to them I was a little embarrassed that I had let her blanket get that dirty and decided it was definitely time to give it a good cleaning. The only problem about washing the blanket is that I can't do it at night because Macy sleeps with it, and I have to time it right during the day because she needs it for a nap.

I put it in the washer with an extra full scoop of oxi-clean and about 30 minutes later stuck it in the dryer. Macy started to get really fussy and I looked at the clock and realized it was nap time... uh oh! So I went and got it out of the dryer but it was still damp. Right as I putting it back in Macy walked in and saw her blankie. I put it back in, turned the dryer on, and scooped her up and tried to get her to play other games with me but she would have none of that. She kept walking into the laundry room crying and pointing to the dryer and trying to open it. I took it out and gave it to her and her life was good again. She took her nap today with a damp blanket. :)

2 comments:

jmcrosby said...

Raylin has a special blanket too and yes she has taken naps with a damp blanket. It is just too difficult to time it just right sometimes.

Jodie said...

Macy, I love that you have a blankie you love. Emmalee does too and she's almost five! Her blanket's name is Hearts and she calls her "she" which means Hearts is a girl. :) I am a big believer in having a special something -- blankie, stuffed animal, toy. It is like a little piece of home no matter where you go.

Okay, now it is time to tell your Mommy to update the blog. We need some new pictures of you, beautiful girl! Also, we'd love some pictures of your new little brother or sister, aka Mommy's belly! :)