Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's getting closer....

I'm freakin' out a little bit here.
I have about 9 more weeks- give or take- till we have the baby...
and I have nothing.
No- I take that back, I have really cute burp clothes, some clothes, some socks, a bed, and a changing table

OH and some super cute pacifier holders that my mom and Brooke Jenkins made that I'll have to take pictures of...
But other than that...
Nothing...

I had a dream last night that I had her, and she came out as like a 8 month old! I was freakin' out because the baby wanted to play and it was crawling all over the hospital floor and I didn't know what to do! I didn't have diapers and it needed a diaper change, I didn't have any clothes and it needed new clothes on. I didn't know what to do!
Yesterday I told Kyle that I feel like I need to some how get prepared for the baby because I feel like I have nothing prepared. But then again I was thinking- and I don't even feel like I know how to prepare for a baby! I've never had one before! lol. I hope I'm just going through a "CRAP! What do I do?!" phase and it will pass... but I feel like January 15th is getting closer and closer... oh wait... IT IS GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha your so funny! I know exactly what your feeling like! Just wait, after you have her in the hosptial, they will bring her into your room after a night for you to take care of her, and you will feel like, "umm... what do I do?" But, it will come so naturally. A baby just needs to eat a ton, sleep, poop and be loved! Your going to be a great Mom! Do you guys have any names picked out?

KathyCarbs said...

Its okay, Alli, that's why you have "Moms". Your getting into that nesting thing. You want to wash the clothes, clean the room, pack your bag...basically get ready...
Love ya!

Carbonneau said...

Just wait till your shower! It will be so fun to go through all the little clothes and little toys and little things you and the baby will get. How fun! :)

Jodie said...

You will do great, Alli! I have no doubt about it. You will be just fine. This is the nesting phase and it is totally normal to feel this way. Try not to stress, (yea right!) Wish I were there to come to your shower. :)

Unknown said...

deep breath girl. relax. You will be surprised at just how little a baby needs. I had all this cute stuff lined up and was highly disappointed when Preston just slept and ate for the first few weeks. diapers. food. that's all.

Kellie said...

Yeah between the two grandmas that baby will have everything she could ever want and more. Ethan came a lot earlier than expected and we really didn't have things ready for him. But the two days I was in the hospital, friends, aunts and grandmas pulled it all together for us. It was great. I think Ethan is as excited as you for you to have this baby.

Liz said...

Hey Alli!!

Wow your due date is coming up!!! (Your due date is my b-day). It is a great day b/c anytime it is on a Monday, Your little one won't have to go to school (MLK day!)

Exciting stuff!!

DVD Express said...

Wow Alli your so close. I think minor freak outs are totally normal in pregnancy. Your more prepared than you think there isn't a gadget in the world that would make you a "good mom" but just knowing you and the person you are, you're going to be a great mom. Relax and eat more chocolate it's the one time in life there is no guilt!

Cj-Sg said...

Sorry darlin that last comment was from me but I was signed in under my husbands business account..oops!