Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zeusers

I know- I promised pictures of London 2 months ago and I haven't updated. Please forgive me, there's a reason for that.

The day we came home from the hospital, somehow the dogs got out of the backyard and Zeus was unfortunately hit by a car. I couldn't move on in my blog without saying something about him, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. Kyle and I got Zeus when he was 6 months old- about a month after we got married. He was part of our family from the very start of it. One of our "firsts" together. When we moved to Holbrook, as most of you know, I had a really hard time here but it was always comforting to have Zeus to cuddle with when Kyle was at the school late.

Zeus used to sit by the window and watch for Kyle to come home- it was the cutest thing. Once he saw one of our vehicles he would go CRAZY and we always knew some one was home.

He loved ice cream and canned dog food- and getting into mischief. I remember one time he had gotten out at Kyle's mom's house and when he came home his face was FULL of stickers. He was a little guy and there were probably 50-60 stickers just on his eye. At first I thought we were going to find stickers in his actual eye because it was completely covered, but luckily there wasn't- it was just so knotted you couldn't see anything under the stickers. Crazy guy.

He slept in bed with us and would keep our feet warm during the winter. When we first got him Kyle refused to let him sleep with us- until one night I fell asleep watching a movie in the bedroom and had forgotten to put Zeus in his crate so Zeus just slept with me. Kyle got home after I had fallen asleep and just crawled into bed. In the morning I asked Kyle if he noticed Zeus was with us and he said nope- and that's when I talked him into letting him sleep with us, he didn't even notice he was in the bed!

I guess if you've never had an animal so special to you, you probably won't understand, but that's okay. He was my baby before I had any and our family will never forget Zeus.

No comments: